The Australian International School of Bangkok (AISB) has two separate campuses, one is located in Sukhumvit Soi 20, and the other in Sukhumvit Soi 31 Bangkok, Thailand.
The Sukhumvit Soi 20 campus was established in 2003 to cater for children aged 18 months to the primary school years.
The Soi 31 campus was established in 2014 and caters for children in lower and upper primary years K2, Y1 – Y5 and eventually middle school year 6 – 8.
The Australian emphasis in the school comes from the influence of the Australian curriculum which is adapted from the New South Wales curriculum and it is now based on the Australian national curriculum. Many of our teachers are from Australia.
Although the curriculum is Australian, the multi cultural nature of the school community is celebrated by the recognition of many national and cultural events during the year.
Our mission is to provide a supportive, child-centred learning environment, where children of all nationalities discover the joy of learning, and obtain a firm foundation for fulfilment and success in their future education.
AISB will continue to develop as a community of learners where all members of the school community are valued for their individuality, culture and heritage and are encouraged to develop to their full potential in a stimulating and caring educational environment.
As it grows and develops, AISB will continue to be a school where children are at the centre of all we do. It will be a place where children are encouraged to explore their environment through play experiences and express themselves through writing, construction, creative arts, cognitive and manipulative activities. Through the provision of a quality education in a happy, relaxed learning environment, the school will develop each child’s love of learning through structured activities and supervised free play.
We will maintain good communication with the parent community, inviting parents into partnership with the school so that the school and the home are united in helping each child develop as well rounded, well adjusted people who strive to achieve their personal best in both their academic pursuits and in their social interactions.
Our school is committed to the development of the following values in our students:
1) Respect for one another – demonstrated through:
– recognition of, respect for and tolerance of one another’s differences.
– consideration of others’ needs, feelings and points of view.
2) Learning – we recognise that it has many forms and is a life- long process of growth
3) Success – we provide opportunities for each person in the school to achieve success
4) Personal Best – we extend our students through high expectations so that they reach their best potential
5) Risk taking – we recognise that is how we make real progress with our learning and understanding of the world
6) Open and honest communication among all members of the school community. It is the foundation of the parent / school partnership to work together so the children have the best possible opportunity to achieve their best.
Visited 473 times, 1 Visit today